As I write (29.6.2019) ... last weekend, Shaw Fair, this afternoon Melksham Carnival, next weekend Semington. The busy season. Network Rail have specified a change from Orange to Pink Hi-vis for volunteers and the Melksham Rail User Group is amongst the first to wear these
From 1999 but still relevant in 2019
• To ensure a continued rail service at Melksham
• To increase the train service provided at Melksham
• To encourage train operators to provide connections with other train services such that a wider choice of journey opportunities by rail is available from Melksham
• To improve and enhance the facilities at Melksham station
• To seek improvements to the route between the town and its station
• To support initiatives aimed at increasing the use of the railway for freight and passengers generally, in order to reduce road traffic in west Wiltshire
• To increase local awareness of the advantages of rail travel and greater use of public transport
• To promote integrated public transport in the Melksham area
An update from 2016
• To represent the interests of passengers and other users of Melksham station on railway and government bodies, and to act as the prime conduit for feedback to those organisations, both through direct contact and through the TransWilts CIC
• By membership of the TransWilts CIC, to support the permanent provision of, and expansion to, the rail service at Melksham
• To lead Station Adoption activities at Melksham to facilitate, and where appropriate implement, enhanced amenities, including application for funding where applicable, for such improvements.
• To encourage use of Melksham station by individuals and business users, including promotional events
• To analyse actual and potential Melksham station users travel plans, and hence recommend potential improved connections
• To increase awareness of, and provision of integrated public transport more generally in Melksham and the surrounding area
• To educate users in all safety related issues and regulations
Melksham Public Transport - Coronavirus
* Train/bus times/advise - ((here))
* 4.4.20 Newsletter - ((here))
* Any questions - please ask
Emergency contacts • Bus updates • Resources
Current timetables - Winter to Spring 2020
See Coronavirus page for current services; all timetables have changed and the speed and shape of their return to normallity would be pure guesswork.
Passenger number predictions
How many passengers will be using Melksham Station in 2026 and in 2036? Neighbourhood plan input. See ((here)) for the web page or ((here)) for a printable version. Written 24.2.2020
Report on 2019 and plans for 2020 - Pick up a copy of our report at area board or council meetings or email to ask for a printed copy. Also available for download here
* Parked up planes
* Report to Coffee Shop members, 4th April 2020
* Gipsey patch lane new bridge in North Bristol DELAYED
* Melksham Rail User Group newsletter.
* Is every food parcel a nail in HS2's coffin?
* New Labour leader. What transport policies to promote?
* Was this a wagon turntable? [DotD 3.4.2020]