As I write (29.6.2019) ... last weekend, Shaw Fair, this afternoon Melksham Carnival, next weekend Semington. The busy season. Network Rail have specified a change from Orange to Pink Hi-vis for volunteers and the Melksham Rail User Group is amongst the first to wear these
From 1999 but still relevant in 2019
• To ensure a continued rail service at Melksham
• To increase the train service provided at Melksham
• To encourage train operators to provide connections with other train services such that a wider choice of journey opportunities by rail is available from Melksham
• To improve and enhance the facilities at Melksham station
• To seek improvements to the route between the town and its station
• To support initiatives aimed at increasing the use of the railway for freight and passengers generally, in order to reduce road traffic in west Wiltshire
• To increase local awareness of the advantages of rail travel and greater use of public transport
• To promote integrated public transport in the Melksham area
An update from 2016
• To represent the interests of passengers and other users of Melksham station on railway and government bodies, and to act as the prime conduit for feedback to those organisations, both through direct contact and through the TransWilts CIC
• By membership of the TransWilts CIC, to support the permanent provision of, and expansion to, the rail service at Melksham
• To lead Station Adoption activities at Melksham to facilitate, and where appropriate implement, enhanced amenities, including application for funding where applicable, for such improvements.
• To encourage use of Melksham station by individuals and business users, including promotional events
• To analyse actual and potential Melksham station users travel plans, and hence recommend potential improved connections
• To increase awareness of, and provision of integrated public transport more generally in Melksham and the surrounding area
• To educate users in all safety related issues and regulations
For 15th September 2021 - Zoom meeting code (here)
At our AGM on 27th May, we became the Melksham TRANSPORT User Group - still very much your rail group but adding in bus and other sustainable transport to our portfolio
As of 17th May 2021, there are further relaxations in what you can do at destination. But please make your early journeys local ones if you can. Social distancing and mask rules still apply on trains.
Download train timetable May to December 2021
News and Upcoming ....
Trains now (on 18th Sep 2021)
Buses Back Better - June 2021
Next MTUG meeting - 15th September 2021.
AGM Minutes from 27.5.21 - ((here))
Meeting Minutes from 27.5.21 - ((here))
AGM and meeting slides 27.5.21 - ((here))
|Car park - pay cash or phone in to RingGo 0203 046 0060 / location code 21575. ((details))|
* Electric cars coming, but not a single electric train here yet!
* British Airways operates passenger flight using recycled cooking oil
* Flat pack footbridge from Network Rail
* Callum Marius Visit To South Greenford
* Dan Norris to speak on Bristol airport expansion plans
* Charlton Halt Aqueduct
* Melksham <-> Yatton - no tickets available on faster services!