As I write (29.6.2019) ... last weekend, Shaw Fair, this afternoon Melksham Carnival, next weekend Semington. The busy season. Network Rail have specified a change from Orange to Pink Hi-vis for volunteers and the Melksham Rail User Group is amongst the first to wear these
From 1999 but still relevant in 2019
• To ensure a continued rail service at Melksham
• To increase the train service provided at Melksham
• To encourage train operators to provide connections with other train services such that a wider choice of journey opportunities by rail is available from Melksham
• To improve and enhance the facilities at Melksham station
• To seek improvements to the route between the town and its station
• To support initiatives aimed at increasing the use of the railway for freight and passengers generally, in order to reduce road traffic in west Wiltshire
• To increase local awareness of the advantages of rail travel and greater use of public transport
• To promote integrated public transport in the Melksham area
An update from 2016
• To represent the interests of passengers and other users of Melksham station on railway and government bodies, and to act as the prime conduit for feedback to those organisations, both through direct contact and through the TransWilts CIC
• By membership of the TransWilts CIC, to support the permanent provision of, and expansion to, the rail service at Melksham
• To lead Station Adoption activities at Melksham to facilitate, and where appropriate implement, enhanced amenities, including application for funding where applicable, for such improvements.
• To encourage use of Melksham station by individuals and business users, including promotional events
• To analyse actual and potential Melksham station users travel plans, and hence recommend potential improved connections
• To increase awareness of, and provision of integrated public transport more generally in Melksham and the surrounding area
• To educate users in all safety related issues and regulations
Current timetables and advice
Bus and Train Timetables - August 2020
Covid Travel advice - August 2020
News and Upcoming ....
28.7.20 Car parking changes - ((here))
August 2020 newletter ((here))
Next physical meeting if we can - 16.9.2020
(online too, that is for certain)
but please get in touch before if you wish!
Melksham Public Transport - Newsletters
* August 20 Newsletter - ((here))
* July 20 Newsletter - ((here))
* June 20 Newsletter - ((here))
* May 20 Newsletter - ((here))
* April 20 Newsletter - ((here))
2019/20 Annual Report (28.4.2020)
Knorr Bremse press release (27.4.2020)
Bus updates • Resources
35 Years Young - 13th May 2020
Online celebration - details
Picture are online ((here))
Passenger number predictions
How many passengers will be using Melksham Station in 2026 and in 2036? Neighbourhood plan input. See ((here)) for the web page or ((here)) for a printable version. Written 24.2.2020
Report on 2019 and plans for 2020 - Pick up a copy of our report at area board or council meetings or email to ask for a printed copy. Also available for download here
* Air fares in the time of pandemic
* Connecting into trains - the "First Mile" choice and to which station?
* Henley-on-Thames station 1957
* My first train journey since mid-March
* Arrival of JelliaJamb, and a request for a bit more thought at times
* 23rd September 2020 - ConnectedCities online seminar.
* Finn and bignosemac's return to the rails. Where were we today?