Timetable from 15th December 2019 to 16th May 2020
and FAQ for new users
An app is available showing live train status for the next few hours at
TransWilts App . The App can also be downloaded to a Smart phone/tablet
from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Off peak fares are valid all day Saturday and Sunday, and after 09:29 Monday to Friday (08:29 on some journeys).
Children aged 5 to 15 travel at half the adult fare. Children under 5, dogs, bicycles (limited capacity) at no charge. Railcard discounts for holders of senior, disabled, two together, 16-25, and friend and family. Terms vary according to card; typically 34% discount.
Groupsave (for groups of 3 or more adults) also offers a 34% discount. Season tickets offering unlimited journeys between specified points (and intermediate stations) are available for periods ranging from 7 days to 1 year.
Tickets also available from Warminster, Frome, Dilton Marsh and Bradford-on-Avon to Swindon via Melksham at Westbury price. Tickets from Westbury and Trowbridge to Chippenham and Swindon are also avaialble via Bath Spa, but at higher prices. However there are some concessions during times of disruption to the Melksham services for engineering work, and travel via Bath may be possible at via Melksham prices
Tickets should be purchased prior to joining the train. Ticket machines are now available at all stations on the line, and all stations except Melksham also have staffed ticket offices. Some ticket machines do not accept cash; if there is no opportunity for you to purchase your ticket before you join, you may buy your ticket from the train manager.
About the Melksham Rail User Group
Formerly the Melksham Rail Development Group
News and Upcoming ....
Emergency contacts •
Bus updates •
Next MRUG public meeting|
18th March 2020 - see [here]
Current timetables - Winter to Spring 2020
Train times [here]
Most bus times Faresaver
D3 Bus times to 4.4.20 - [here]
Other bus times Swindon's Bus Co.
Other bus times Town Bus
Long distance coach National Express
No changes expected in February or March
Rail fare pages - 2020
Local fares [here]
London fares [here]
Bristol and Bath fares [here]
Day out & rover tickets - (2020 prices awaited)
Report on 2019 and plans for 2020
- Pick up a copy of our report at area board, council and MRUG meetings in January or email to ask for a printed copy. Also availabe for download here
Report on reduction of station dwell time
– three specific ideas for Melksham proposed by the Melksham Rail User Group in reply to request for suggestions from Mark Hopwood on 18th July 2019 for input by 24th July 2019 - [[here]]
New "Great West Way Discover" tickets launched
- travel as much as you like on selected routes, two of the tickets include Melksham - great for a Staycation or for visitors to the UK who are staying with you for a while. There are now 10 different rangers and rovers that include Melksham - see [here]
for a list including maps and prices.
Forum latest new topics
* Chickens at Montpelier, cats at Huddersfield, ...
* Car parking at Tilehurst
* Random Ticket question
* Delay repay with Freedom Travelpass?
* Senior manager convicted of fraud
* Landslip between Salisbury and Romsey
* Not much left