Three weekends of complete closure in April and May. Numerous days where overnight works take place until the end of June; we are unclear as to which of those dates if any will result in a change of train service http://www.passenger.chat/21077 for latest updates.
Melksham Summer/Autumn Timetable available in the Town Hall, Library and Tourist Information Centre. Download from www.mrug.org.uk/Summer2019brochure.pdf
Next diary date - MRUG business meeting, 16th October.
Initial data (provisional) for train times from December 2019 – see [[here]]
Report on reduction of station dwell time – three specific ideas for Melksham proposed by the Melksham Rail User Group in reply to request for suggestions from Mark Hopwood on 18th July 2019 for input by 24th July 2019 - [[here]]
Report on summer 2019 promotion - carnivals, and fetes - see [[here]]. Thank you to everyone who's helped - and enjoy your summer trips. Pictures from Imber on 17th August - here
Tribute to class 153 trains - the single carriages which provided the vital stepping stone from no useful service to what we now have, 2013-2018 on the line, now retiring from GWR
New "Great West Way Discover" tickets launched - travel as much as you like on selected routes, two of the tickets include Melksham - great for a Staycation or for visitors to the UK who are staying with you for a while. There are now 10 different rangers and rovers that include Melksham - see [here] for a list including maps and prices.
* Sheffield station info required
* Travelogue observations - 16th September 2019 - lessons from lifts
* Travelogue observations - 15th September 2019 - making little of a city
* Where was Red Squirrel 14/9/2019
* Travelogue observations - 13th September 2019 - Rail and more, Halifax, NS
* Steam train driver takes photo of boy on tracks
* Travelogue observations - 12th September 2019 - Sidney Leslie Godwin