Key to map above
Green Square - All platforms have step free access (Category A station)
Yellow Circle - There is a degree of step free access - perhaps in one direction (Category B Station)
Red Diamond - There is no step free access to any platform at this station (Category C Station)
White Circle - This Station is operated by a different train company
* If you require step free access and assistance from the train to the platform using a ramp at the beginning or end of your journey you should be OK at any of the stations shown with a green square on the map above. But please note
* We advise against changing trains at Trowbridge. Whilst both platforms have level access to the street, the connection beteen the platforms is a steps-only footbridge, and it's a long way round between the two station entrances for a wheelchair. Between Melksham and Bath Spa / Bristol, change instead at Chippenham or at Westbury
* If you are travelling to or from Goring and Streatley, we advise you to book assistance ahead, as this station is served by Driver only trains. Within the area of our map, there should be no need to book assistance ahead to or from any other green square station
* Cardiff Central, Newport and Salisbury stations - shown on our map as white circles - are "Category A" stations - Green Square - to the best of our knowledge.
* London Paddington (off our map) is also a "Category A" station with step free access to all platforms and staff on duty at all times.
At Melksham Station
- There is one designated "Blue Badge" space just outside the station gate at the time of writing (December 2019) with plenty of other level parking. Sometime in early 2020, it is planned to increase the number of designated "Blue Badge" speces from 1 to 5.
- All trains carry loading ramps which the train manage will deploy if you are waiting on the platform, or if you are arriving in Melksham by train
- There are no toilet facilities at Melksham Station at present (December 2019) but all trains have an accessible toilet on them, which is within easy reach of the door that's got the loading ramp.
- If you have heavy luggage, or a pushchair, or aren't very mobile, you can also be dropped off / picked up at the station entrance in Melksham.
News and Upcoming ....
download printable timetable to May 2021
Lockdown - Melksham times / mostly correct.
21:36 Saturday Swindon-Westbury not running
Some connections thinned out
Notes for 13.1.21 ((here)), minutes ((here))
Next MRUG meeting - 17 March 2021.
Input to bypass consultation - ((here))
|4 Sept 20 / Car park - pay cash or phone in to RingGo 0203 046 0060 / location code 21575. ((details))|
* Unusually detailed message on Journeycheck
* The central way - a new option opened up for station access?
* Class 769s entering service
* Day trips from Xxxxx ... early choices for early summer
* MOVED: any indication of when we can get back on the trains?
* FoSBR: Every 15 Minutes
* any indication of when we can get back on the trains?